Manufactured in Spa, Italy. Athena have been producing world class gaskets for all
forms of performance and motorsport applications.
* MLS cylinder head gaskets are being fitted by many vehicle manufacturers as original equipment. Modern engines imply higher cylinder pressures and higher temperatures and MLS
gaskets have been realized in order to cope with these new realities.
* ATHENA MLS gaskets feature a combination of 3 to 5 layers made of different types of raw materials.
* Outer and inner layers combination is designed to perform at higher compression levels than stock configuration and type of steels that are used may vary upon the engine requirements.
* ATHENA MLS gaskets provide an even torque load across the sealing surface to compensate any type of bore distortion.
* ATHENA MLS gasket is the best solution for both aluminum heads to cast iron blocks and aluminum heads to aluminum blocks.
* Our New Design MLS Head Gaskets are made from high grade 301 stainless steel full hard material.
* Each layer is individually formed using a state of the art laser cutting and embossed with an optimized formation process.
* All head gasket layers go through a stress relieving process to significantly reduce embossment forming induced stress.
* Proprietary two part polymer coating is applied after the stress relieving process and ensures uniform coverage of the outer layers providing no break in the coating. This process ensures the micro seal of engine coolant/oil fluids.
* Athena MLS gaskets are tested and analysed on Engine Dynos and endurance performances.
Gas stopper technology is a key design factor of racing MLS head gaskets. The stainless steel stopper layer features a state of the art “active fold”, which delivers a high
pressure seal around the cylinder bore when tightening the cylinder head. Gas stopper is located around the combustion chamber, allowing cylinder head and engine block to clamp
tighter and preventing gases to leak out of the combustion chamber. This also avoids component distortion by means of a quicker equalization of the various components
* Superior sealing properties under high pressure conditions
* Higher elasticity and constant load resistance
* Optimized load balance
* Improved engine performance
* Longer durability
* Our unique embossment formation process uses soft radius forming to optimize the embossment radius in critical areas.
* This solution improves gaskets conform ability, reducing stress points.
* It also provides uniform clamp load distribution across the engine block deck and increases embossment surface contact area between engine block and cylinder head surfaces.